Always Free Shipping!!
Seller Notes:Germination test date and results will be on packet.
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
This is a plant of many uses, including:
Beautiful light blue perennial wildflowers, deer plots, livestock fodder or pasture plant, tea, medicinal or homeopathic, coffee substitute, etc (some of the pictures supplied show us making coffee). If you are a sustainable living enthusiast, this plant is worth investigating.
How to Grow Chicory and Step by Step Guides to Chicory growing
1. Arrange the soil. Chicory can live or grow within well drained land where is fertile with nutrients. However, the Chicory plant will grow inside other soils when they are improved with fertilizers and a lot of compost manure.
2. Spread the plant/seeds for 9 inches to 1.5 foot apart with 1.5 inches deep. Try to grow this plant/seed in early spring until summer for the period of one month following the final frost.
3. Expect the plant/seeds to sprout and separate seedlings to have them grown up over 8 inches apart. The sprouting time for Chicory growth is from 2 to 4 weeks.
4. Remove the wild weeds from your sprouts and spray water onto them well. If you would love to harvest either plants or roots, you can do after three months and a half. The foliage can be picked out of the garden or used within a new salad.
5. This phase is the time when seed Chicory starts to shoot or germinate. Therefore, arrange pots to plant the Chicory roots. This time, the soil should be fine for them like sand kept in a shed with the cool temperature.
6. Trim their roots on a straight line, one to three inches above its crown.
7. Grow the cut roots to stimulate the crown to be one or three inches on top of the ground.
8. Store other upturned pots above the root tops. Block pot holes to prevent daylight from impacting the plants/seeds.
9. The tender and small leaves are harvested after around 7 weeks. The shoots are valuable in favor of their soft texture and mild flavor.
Nutrition / Benefit
The Chicory or Cichorium intybus is invented as food such as Crispy chicken breast plus fennel salad and braised chicory, potato salad with Finger licking ribs, Stuffed saddle, Roast pheasant plus wild mushrooms and caramelized walnuts, Braised chicory with beans and so on. Moreover, within Chicory there are several vitamins such as Vitamin B-12, Vitamin B-Complex, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Additionally, Chicory is produced as Chicory Syrup also known as Inulin. The Inulin always supports the ability of people’s bodies to absorb or attract calcium which assists in building and maintaining strong bones and teeth.
Furthermore, Chicory can be added to a lot of coffee in order to mellow the coffee quality in favor of young generations. Currently, in the America and other European countries there is a lot of consumption with popularity as well.
Chicory, also known as Cichorium intybus, is a perennial herbaceous, somewhat woody and erect plant with brilliant blue flowers. Different varieties are developed for roots, chicons, or salad leaves which are ground, baked or used for additive or coffee substitute. It is planted as a forage plant in favor of livestock. The Chicory plant lives as a wildlife plant beyond roadsides within native Europe such asAustralia and North America where this plant has turned naturalized. Anyway, “Chicory” is the popular name as well in the U.S.A for a curly-leave plant – Cichorium endivia. Chicory is a very versatile plant that is equally cherished as a flower and as an herb. Chicory seeds can be planted in the most challenging of conditions, and actually tend to thrive in less-than-ideal soil. Though chicory is most famously used in teas, it has also traditionally been used to flavor coffees as well.
Terms and conditions, READ THIS PLEASE: Orders over $14 from this ad will be shipped with tracking, Otherwise: Seeds will be shipped economy/standard or first class 2-10 day shipping (NO TRACKING and no planting instructions to keep seed costs to the buyer low), in a ziplock baggie. Our goal is to save you money on quality seeds. We are responsible sellers, and we make sure our buyers are well taken care of. Shipped within 2 business days after payment. We are a seller that caters to experienced gardeners. (germination and plant care information is readily available online, but if you can’t find germinating and care instructions, please feel free to message us). Most of our listings include germination instructions, so we do not ship growing instructions. Multiple orders of a single item will be combined into 1 ziplock. We are not responsible for buyer germination success, seeds have been tested. Seed count is approximate, and packaged by weight. Seeds vary in size, weight is exact, and based upon empirical count, quantity is estimated. Liability of seller is limited to the cost of the item(s).
Zellajake Farm and Garden: "Seeds for all your planting needs" since 2013